Trans Maldivian Airways “World’s Largest Seaplane Operator” – January 26, 2020 announced the replenishment of the fleet, the 57th seaplane arrived in the Maldives at the carrier’s base!
The company was established in 1989 and began operating helicopters in the Maldives, and the first seaplane appeared only in 1997.
Seaplane is the most important tool for moving between Islands and atolls!
Currently, the carrier has the following aircraft in its fleet :
- VIP plane for 8 seats with air conditioning – 1 seaplane (for private transportation)
- VIP plane with 10 seats without air conditioning – 1 seaplane (for private transportation)
- Branded aircraft (VIP configuration, in the corporate style of the hotel) – 8 seaplanes
- The standard configuration of the aircraft for 15 seats is 48 seaplanes
We offer you a list of hotels that have a branded seaplane:
- Cheval Blanc Randheli
- Four Seasons Resort at Landaa Giraavaru
- Velaa Private Island Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa and Komandoo Island Resort & Spa hotels share 1 board for two
- Hurawalhi Island Resort and Kudadoo Maldives Private Island hotels share 1 board for two
- Soneva Fushi
- The Nautilus Maldives
- JOALI Maldives
Seaplanes fly only during daylight hours! The company serves more than 80 resorts and during the year carries more than 1,000,000 passengers!