The Maldives is famous not only for its white palm trees, diving and snorkeling, but also for surfing.
Maldives is one of the best places on Earth, where you will find great waves and a fair wind.
When: the best period is April – October. Each part of the Maldives has its own characteristics and its own unique surfing experience!
Where: Some of the most popular places for surfing?
North Male Atoll
- Surf spots: Chickens, Cokes, Honkys, Jailbreaks, Lohis, Ninjas, Sultans, Pasta Point.
South Male Atoll
- Surf spots: Kates, Riptides, Twin Peaks.
The Southern’s atolls
- Surf spots: Antiques, Beacons, Blue Bowls, Castaways, Five Islands, Love Charms, Tiger Stripes, Two Ways.
Maldives range of surf breaks catering from beginner friendly to experienced surfers!
- Anantara Dhigu Maldives (South Malé Atoll) – a surf school.
- Holiday holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives (South Male Atoll) – own surf spot , surf school, annual surf festival.
- Four Seasons Kuda Huraa (North Malé Atoll) – a surf school, some international competitions.
- Niyama Private Island (Dhaalu Atoll) – own surfing spot, surf school.
- Six Senses Laamu Maldives (Laamu Atoll) – surf school.
- Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi Maldives (North Male Atoll) – there is an exclusive sale of surf packages through “surf travel agents”.
- Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives (North Male Atoll) – there is an exclusive sale of surf packages through a New Zealand company.
- COMO Maalifushi Maldives (Taa Atoll) – surf school on a seasonal basis.
- Ayada Maldives (Gaafu Daalu Atoll) – there are 8 surf spots around the hotel.
- LUX * North Male (North Male Atoll) – own surf spot.
- Surfing Safari.
Catch a wave!