Baros is an award-winning boutique resort on a tropical coral island ringed by white beaches and a flourishing house reef. Renowned for discreet, personalised service and its lush natural environment, Baros is a legend in the Maldives. Proud of our heritage and excited about our future, we look forward to extending you the warmest of Maldivian welcomes.
Baros is a pioneering eco-friendly resort. Over the past four decades we have carefully nurtured the natural eco-systems of the island, the lagoon and the majestic underwater world beyond with a unique combination of environmentally responsible luxury and practical Maldivian sustainability. Environmental protection is a top priority at Baros, even behind the scenes:
- Water is recycled so it can be used, after purification, for irrigation of the garden.
- All air-conditioning units are CFC free.
- Guest villas are fitted with a heat exchange system that heats water used for bathing.
- All chemicals used in the cleaning of kitchens, restaurants, guest villas, boats and in the laundry are biodegradable.
- To promote understanding of ecological issues, Baros runs awareness programmes that include tours to local villages and uninhabited islands, as well as diving and fishing expeditions.